Additional Fees

I have to put up $386/year as a deposit just to keep account current.Then I owed them $386 one month and paid it off by the end of the month.

According to their site it is paid in full. But when I call them they claim I owe them another $386 in penalty fees. So for one month of service I owe them $772 just for one month.Also I accidentally paid a wrong account and thought it would be reimbursed back into my bank or put toward next bill since neither has happened I thinks it's stolen. I think they have a monopoly on our rural Texas area.

So I guess they can charge what ever they want. These tactics are similar to Enron. Also the customer service agent wouldn't resolve my issue and wouldn't allow the automated customer service system to continue because I was going to give them the lowest score possible. I wish I can put pressure on the Texas governor to give rural Texans a choice between at least 2 electric companies but I probably be dead by then without seeing it happen.

If you live in a town as big as Waco or larger you have a choice.So you're lucky but any town smaller than that you are trapped by a monopolistic electric company.

Review about: Entergy Customer Care.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Had an Experience with Entergy?

Comments