1.1K views
1.2

I recently paid my entergy bill. I always pay online no matter what.

Well this time, I accidentally used an old account that was still in the drop box for checking acct. numbers. As soon as I pressed the continue button I saw the mistake. I couldn't change it, but I did make a payment off the correct account.

I also donate a small amount to Power to care and of course that was also returned. Mind you, it WAS a mistake....I just wasn't paying attention. My payments are current every month and have been for years.

Anyway, I called to have the $40.00 in fees they added to the account.

I was stunned that they said no. And a supervisor too. This was the first time, and an HONEST mistake. It wouldn't hurt to waive that.

I too wish that there were other electric companies to choose from my experience other electric companies in TX will work with you, and do the reversal of those charges just once. Not Entergy, they know they are the only company....if you want power, you'll do as they say.

Preferred solution: Just waive all fees that were added to the account because of returned payments. Its over$40.

Comments

Me too. I was charged twice, 80 dollars. I am very angry about this.

I made an error when i entered either my account or routing number - i don't know which because i can't access that part now because they have banned me writing checks for a year. they said - not their mistake so refuse to admit it was unintentional. So feed up with being forced to give them money!!!!

DeeFree5164
Beaumont, Texas, United States #1038702

Entergy resolved the complaint. Waived the returned check fee, and unblocked my ability to pay online.

to DeeFree5164 Southaven, Mississippi, United States #1163880

I am having the same issue now! My Mother passed away on the 21st of April and on May 3, I made a payment to her account from my checking account (I thought) and called myself deleting old payment information.

I received a confirmation email and thought no more about it. I am in a confused state of mind still and saw that there was an outstanding balance of 198.00 so I made another payment on May 17th. This payment was also confirmed by email. I received a cut off notice on the 23rd.

I called and my online payment has been suspended as well as them charging me $80.00 in returned check fees. I am livid and no one seems to even care to help!!!!

to Cee #1163933

Keep calling and asking for a supervisor. Make sure you have all information.

Entergy did make good on the fees, and reinstated the online payment too. You need to make sure you get to the right people.

What I did that got action.....I made a complaint to the BBB. That is exactly how I got action.

Entergy CS is not the best, but the BBB took it to the right person who fixed all.

I am so sorry for your loss. Good luck.