Alexis R Qtm

Service request

Original review Apr 15, 2024

Was told multiple times by the service department, new construction, and engineering that someone would contact me to help push my install date. I'm forced to wait on entergy to install a meter so I can make an insurance claim and move in.

Started this process in February. Installation date pushed back 4+ weeks since inspection. Refuses to fix any problem and just talks around all issues. The service department for this company is a joke and I haven't even paid my first bill.

New customers be aware it'll be months before they install your service.

God forbid there be a storm because it will be pushed back further. No compassion, care, or concern.

They get paid regardless your situation. Yet it's a monopolized company and your forced to wait on their open ended promises.

Pros:
  • As of right now there are no pros
Cons:
  • Inconsistent
  • Terrible customer service
  • No human emotion

Preferred solution: I'd like for your company to honor the April 16th instalation date and quit disguising your customers.

User's recommendation: You have no choice and they don't care

Resolved
Ellen B Blr

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: Entergy cheated me out of $350 and still sending new bills demanding payment of face disconnection, but in the mean time cannot or WILL not tel me where my $350 payment is.

Updated by user Apr 10, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. Monies were refunded April 9th.

Entergy said monies were charged back on January 28th.

It took February, March and part of April to get my funds back. Sad!!

Original review Mar 24, 2024
Cl$180.46(in GREEN) was a CREDIT due to over payment of $350. When $350.00 was supposedly charged back to my card, I got a disconnect, immediately, for entire $350.

What happened to $180 credit?? No one knows. And the refund was never received by my bank. I was told by Entergy n Speed Pay that the monies were refunded on January 28, 2024.

It is now March 24, NO REFUND. Now, Entergy is very short with me referring me to my bank, well my bank doesnt know what Entergy has done with the funds, either. My bank has been investigating since January as you can see the dispute filed. This company has to customer service of mobsters shaking down there poor, elderly, hard working, widowed mothers.

If they refunded the funds, they should know where they went. Instead, they tell me, We no longer have those funds. Get with your bank.. They show no concern or compassion for my loss.

I was given misinformation from then concerning my payment in the first place. I paid $350 with a debit card. Call to see when services would be turned back on, services had been off all night, I was told there was no payment made. I was told I could not use my debit card because I had a returned check and that is why debit card info did not go through.

Sooooo, I went to ATM withdrew $400 and made a payment of $350. Came out of store and instructed my 13 year daughter to check my account, We had $10 left. Both payment had processed!!!
Now, they will not return my money. Entergy is pointing the finger at Speed Pay, Speed Pay is pointing the finger at my Bank, My Bank is pointing the finger at Entergy and Speed Pay.

Over $350, REALLY??? Sharks!!!
Cons:
  • Difficult to get issues resolved quickly
  • If at all

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Fined competition for Entergy. Give costumers a choice. Other options. Many people are complaining about how their bills has gone up since getting those new digital meters. Entergy simply passed the cost down to us and can now turn us off with the flip of a switch and charge us for their convenience.FOUL!!! I just want my little $350. Pebble in an ocean for a BIG BULLY like Entergy, RIGHT???

| map-marker Weslaco, Texas

Entergy has Stolen $350 payment n lied about refunding it.

Entergy has Stolen $350 payment n lied about refunding it.
Entergy has Stolen $350 payment n lied about refunding it. - Image 2
Entergy has Stolen $350 payment n lied about refunding it. - Image 3

I had a returned check on my account. My services were disconnected on January 10, 2024.

The next day was my payday. I immediately called in a payment, racing to get my services restored before 7pm. My daughter n I could not endure another night hot n burning candles. Once I made the payment of $350 on January 11, 2024, I called to see when my services would be restored.

I was told by a representative that my debit card could not be used because of a returned check. She told me that I had to walk in the payment. Debit card showed that payment had not yet come out, so I hurried to walk payment in. I withdrew $400 from ATM n paid $350 payment.

When I got into my car, hi asked my daughter to check my account balance and it was then that I noticed the debit card payment had also processed. So what the representative told me was not the truth. I then contacted Entergy about the devil payment after getting the runaround they put me in contact with Speed Pay, Speed Pay did some type of dispute and told me that the monies were refunded back to my account on January 28 on bounced to me. The way I found out that the monies were refunded to me was because I immediately got a disconnect from Entergy.

The problem is that the money is never came back to my account. Now when I call and it is now March 22 tell me they dont have the money and Speed Pay said they dont have the money I need to get in contact with my bank. The bank doesnt know whats going on. And I cannot get any resolved.

Im out of $350 and I am steady getting bills from Entergy that needs to be paid. Also when I made the extra $350 payment I had an eight hunt of a $186 credit on my bill when the 350 was supposedly refunded back to me I had a disconnect for the entire 350. For a long time I feel like I have been overcharged by Entergy. Last year in May I had a bill of $1000 plus can someone please help me to rectify and resolve this problem.

I have been lied to since January, it is almost April and I cannot get MY money back, BUT Entergy still want their payment EVERY month. I am a widowed 59 year old mother of a 13 year old, working two jobs.

Why would they STEAL from me?? I dont not have $350 to give away to a company that make billions.

User's recommendation: Do not do business with Entergy

Sherry G Gnc

Verified Reviewer

My mother and her neighbors had not been billed in 6 months then receive 6 bills on the same day in 6 separate envelopes

NMy mother is 87 years old for 6 months she did not receive an electric bill my sister kept calling about why my mom was not receiving a bill and was not given a straight answer each time she called they just kept saying when she does receive a bill they will make payment arrangements mind you in over 30 years of her being in the same location her bills have all been paid on time and never late finally six months passed with my sister continuously calling them then boom here came 6 light bills in six envelopes totaling about $1,300 so my sister had to pay $600 and is still paying on it the same thing happen to my moms neighbor who is a single father with a son that is graduating high school this year he could not afford to come up with the money so him and his son is in the dark right now with no lights I reached out to entergy via email about two weeks ago and my sister called them still no resolution and the bill was estimated because my mom bill is never that high she lives by herself once again the man next door and his son is in the dark and no telling how many others this happened too and are in the dark or had to come up with a huge amount to avoid being in the dark I have also reached out to our local news company to make this public so this will be on the news very soon since entergy is refusing to reply

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Report all similar issues please

Resolved
paul w Fpl

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: No one there with a brain

Updated by user Mar 25, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. After reaching out to Entergy multiple times with no resolve and then posting complaints online, they finally came out and fixed the broken street light.

Original review Feb 23, 2024
I have called twice to report one of their streetlights that is out on a corner where cars and pedestrians are (the corner of Hwy 24 and Mobile Estates Drive in Gray LA 70359). I nearly hit someone on a dark night recently.

I provided the location and address both times I called. The first time a technician called me back saying he would be back the next morning to fix it. That was 2 weeks ago, never happened. I hate liars.

The second time I called, another technician called back asking for the location/address. How many times do I have to provide the address/location before someone gets killed at that dark corner? This is negligence on the part of Entergy.

Clearly no one there has a brain. I say fire everybody at Entergy and when you replace them, make it a requirement that the new employees actually have a brain.
Cons:
  • Lying employees
  • Lousy service
  • Stupid employees

Preferred solution: Fix the broken streetlight at the corner of HWY 24 and Mobile Estates Drive Gray LA 70359.

User's recommendation: Don't live anywhere that Entergy services

| map-marker Pomona, California

Power outage wouldn’t fix

Entergy - Power outage wouldn’t fix

My power has been out for 6 hours. My phone is almost dead.

I have an assignment due at 8 am (in 5 hours) that I cannot do without WiFi. I just moved here from out of state with the cheapest energy provider in my area and have NEVER had an outage last longer than 30 minutes.

6 hours is insane to me. The estimated time was originally 1:30 am. Then 2.

Then 3. Now its 5. Ive been up waiting for it to come back on to finish an assignment but it just seems to keep getting pushed back. It seems I will have to take the loss and just miss this assignment.

This is NOT a cheap energy provider, either. I sincerely hope that Entergy will do better in the future.

User's recommendation: Unfortunately this seems to be the only energy provider in a lot of areas. If you have ANY other options do not go with entergy.

MaryBeth C Drn

No power for over 24 hrs. But Entergy outage shows power restored

Outage map says power restored . No power for more than 24 hrs.. Everyone on the street is out Entergy recommended checking our breakers!
Loss:
Cons:
  • Customer service

Preferred solution: Power restored.

User's recommendation: This website got me to a representative immediately!

Sherry G Gnc

Verified Reviewer

Entergy is not reliable they need competition

My mother is elderly and my sister and I take care of her my sister is her power of attorney being that mom can only walk with a walker and her mobility is very limited.. My sister had been calling entergy for months because my mom was not being sent her light bill they kept saying dont worry when she does get a bill we will allow time to get it paid well now its 6 months later and about two days ago they sent my mom 6 light bills in 6 separate envelopes with the totals being over a thousand dollars her not receiving a bill is enterys fault my sister placed numerous calls to them over the past six months so yester My sister had to pay $600 at once and be put on a payment plan so my mom lights does not get turned off this is sad she kept asking them what was going on why my mother was not receiving a bill my mom has been in the same location for 30 or more years she has always paid her bill on time .. my sister even spoke with a supervisor they said it is nothing they can do THIS IS SAD ON ENTERGYS PART AND I WILL SPEAK TO A LAWYER ON THIS MATTER THIS IS TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE ELDERLY

Loss:
Pros:
  • No pros at all
Cons:
  • Need competition they need to be out of business

Preferred solution: Price reduction

Guest

Make sure someone saves the six envelopes the bills came in. That postmark that will be identical on all six is the only proof you habe of same time mailing.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2487153

*have

View more comments (1)
John O Rqo

Verified Reviewer

Emergency situation and Called three time with no results

I have contacted Entergy 3 times about this emergency situation and so far nothing has been done and th situation is getting critical.

I live at 228 Coolidge St in opld Jefferson and the utility pole in front of our house is leaning and ripping our elecytrical service from our house. I was told three times it would be taken care of but nothing has happened.

The taught wires are pulling our electrical service from the house. I intend to contact Jefferson Parish about this dangerous situation which you people don't seem to care about.

My wife is invalid and bedridden and relies on electrical devices to keep her health, as she is in a hospital bed with three electrical life support devices to keep her alive.

My contact information:

504-810-****

wa5dxp@***.net.

I will be contacting Parish authorities when they open tomorrow. I hold you responsible for any damage to our home due to fire or my wife's survival.

John Overstreer

228 Coolidge St.

Jefferson LA 70121

Cons:
  • Customer service stinks

Preferred solution: fix the dangerous emergency condition you caused

Guest

You should have called the local fire department the second you noticed this. Now it is end of day and tomorrow is Friday.

Call the fire department!!

They will assess the situation and have better access to the utility and can contact the Red Cross if you have to go to hotel. Don’t wait!

Amy T Nsf

Verified Buyer

We’ve been out of power since Tuesday

Entergy - We’ve been out of power since Tuesday
Entergy - We’ve been out of power since Tuesday - Image 2
Entergy - We’ve been out of power since Tuesday - Image 3
They cut us off without notice Weve been without power since Tuesday afternoon we set up a new account and theyve yet to get in touch with me to verify my account Our food is going bad and our furkids are suffering for it They havent even tried to call us And now its the weekend and they wont return my call until possibly Tuesday if we could we would change services because yall suck Every time Ive called yall keep giving me the same response and Ive had my phone by my side for 2 days since I created the new account and Ive yet to hear anything back
Pros:
  • Good service
Cons:
  • Lack of communication

Preferred solution: All we want from y’all is to call me back and take our case file that y’all haven’t looked at

User's recommendation: My recommendation I would not use them

Aylani Dfa

| map-marker Burton, Michigan

I need the verification email for entergu

There is absolutely no reason why my lights haven't been turned on and 8 days later it still has not been turned on.

User's recommendation: Do everything they tell you but don't go assuming that they will turn on your power in a timely fashion. This is a real problem couch surfing because you were told you power would be on a certain date and 8 days later it still is not on.

Bucky Cvo
map-marker Doylestown, Pennsylvania

I don't have the money and it won't let me pay online

You guys offer no help plan whatsoever Im not getting anything in the *** mail and it is *** me off that my power keeps getting cut off when I have no idea what to pay for all I need is an extension until this *** Sunday and then I can pay you $1000
Robynn A Zwk

Verification of ownership

I was on the phone most of the day yesterday trying to get a meter installed at my address and I was told what I needed to send was the verification of the lease so I don't know what email address was supposed to send it to so I'm going to go to my email and send the lease to this email thank you.. Account number 19745**-** Robynn Ayers
Cons:
  • Dont do what they say

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

Bryce V Snt

Lights flickering

My lights are flickering all around my house and an electrician said it's on entergys side, entergys connection from the pole to my house might be loose. Could entergy come check the pole to my property?

Preferred solution: Entergys connection fixed

Charles L Nky

Need electric turned on

Original review Jan 12, 2024
Needed interim service for cleaning to rent the residence, but there's 2 day wait plus weekends, even for service transfer from one to another customer. In today's day and age, this is absurd. Why in the world would we have so called 'smart' meters' if Entergy needs days to turn on power. Ive had service at this address for 13 years! This is very bogus!
Pros:
  • Customer service
Cons:
  • Continuity of electric service

Preferred solution: Improve customer satisfaction.

User's recommendation: Suck it up, you have no choice in this area. Go off grid!

map-marker Baton Rouge, Louisiana

They refuse to address customer complaints honestly.

I experienced a partial outage. (Half the house had power, half not) Entergy came out, the connector (Entergys property) was broken allowing the house to receive only partial power (110 rather than the 220 necessary for larger appliances) this resulted in a burned up AC compressor.

Entergy denies this occurred, claiming it was just an ordinary outage. The report states that it was caused by a failure of Entergys equipment.

They refuse to explain their fraudulent investigation a simple conversation with an technician would help, but Entergy refuses to speak to customers. They do not act in good faith and they are dishonest.

User's recommendation: Do not trust Entergy to act I good faith.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article