Sunset, Louisiana
2.4K views

Thanks to the support of state legislators, Entergy received a green light to charge its customers even more. The Storm Restoration Charge has been added to the bills of residential customers since 2008 and will remain there until at least 2026 but I'm quite certain that this time period will increase if another storm occurs. My average storm restoration charge is $25/month. During this 18-year period, Entergy will bank for Storm Restoration Charges alone approximately $5,400 only from me. Entergy has approx. 2.7 million customers. Let's do the math using my average restoration charge fee of $25/month: over the 18-year period of imposing Storm Restoration Charges on customers, Entergy can receive as much as approx. $14.5 trillion. Yes, it is trillion with a T. This does not include energy fees. Only the Storm Restoration Charge. How much restoration are they planning to make with over 14 trillion dollars?

Entergy must not be doing too terribly bad, since they are paying quarterly dividends to their stockholders (see web link below for news release).

America is built on a free enterprise system. Doing business includes taking not only the profits but also the possible risks of doing business. Entergy is pursuing the rewards of doing business but without facing the risks that should be attached to these pursuits. In other words, they are imposing the risks on customers for possible storm damage. What about insurance? Government support? Oh, no. Let the ***, ignorant customer pay the entire bill.

Unfortunately, the energy business is not one of the traditional forms of business and therefore consumers do not have choices available. It is creating a situation where Entergy can do as it pleases - with pertinent support from legislators, of course.

My question is, why nobody is concerned with this Storm Restoration Charge? Why are we all silently paying a fee that is ridiculously high without even asking questions about it? How much money did Entergy really spend on rebuilding its energy infrastructure? I would love to see the bills. After all, I am paying for it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Entergy Customer Care.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 09, 2016.

Comments

Vidor, Texas, United States #1313835

This is outrageous, storm restoration is listed twice and so is hurricane reconstruction charge. Not only that I don't live in Louisiana but Texas.

This should be part of Energy doing business. Legislators approved it for the consumer to absorb this cost from past and future storms, there has to be some kind of cap on amount of so called reserve for this fund. They are going to collect for the maximum 10 years.

The best part is they make interest off of the customers funding $$$$$$$. We need a governmental lawyer to fight this

I've called Entergy many times about this charge and NEVER got a clear answer as to how the amount is accumulated not why we are being charged,they NEVER have an answer but i'm all in on a class action suit because as you said why aren't people more VOCAL about this matter but if i may can post this article on my facebook page because it needs to GO VIRAL!

Hammond, Louisiana, United States #1231806

Majority of customers have no clue this is going on more people need to get on board a class action suit our government is corrupt and their pockets lined in good with blood money from passing a law that Entergy can charge us the Flood Restoration charge.

Hammond, Louisiana, United States #1231802

I want to start a class action suit against energy. They make millions of us already with out the storm restoration.

I am being charged $32. You can reach me at beezieblue@yahoo.com

Monroe, Louisiana, United States #1225583

When u make 7.25 an hour and dont get food stamps or any help that charge is just robbing us

Plaquemine, Louisiana, United States #1219253

Plain and simple--greed and gouging and the politicians are in bed w/Entergy w/ordinary citizens paying the price.

#1194596

Big buissness,banks,energy,pharmaceutical, water,things a citizen must have,they write their own laws.The only way to correct this corruption is to go to the gold standard

Chalmette, Louisiana, United States #1182964

Entergy is now paying an annual dividend of 4.22%! pretty *** good for a company that is raping its customers.

Fire the regulators/legislators. Vote!